One of the best designed master planned communities in Arizona
If you are looking for some of the best amenities in the Prescott area take a look at Prescott Lakes. Located in central Prescott, Prescott Lakes is a 1150-acre Master Planned Community with a private golf course.
The area around central Prescott is scenic with rolling hills and views of Watson and Willow Lake. Central Prescott is vibrant with much outdoor activity. There is fishing, boating and hiking at the local lakes.
Prescott Lakes is brilliantly designed. There are 15 separate communities that each have their own identity. Some of the communities are gated and some are not. Neighborhoods are nicely tucked away so that each street feels private. Each homes either has a view of the golf course or the golf course is not far away. Prescott Lakes is no just single family homes. There are condominiums, luxury apartments, townhomes, and there are commercial areas with business complexes. Right in the middle of everything is the 14,000 square foot community center
The Community Center
The community in Prescott Lakes is on a short list of the nicest community centers in central Arizona. There is a fitness center, restaurant, swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and pickleball courts . The Clubhouse features The Grille, a casual restaurant, ballroom facilities, outside terrace and the Golf Shop. All Prescott Lakes residents are required to be members of the Athletic Center.
The Golf Course
Prescott Lakes boasts one of the best designed 18 hole golf courses in central Arizona. The golf course is 210 acres and is a championship Hale Irwin design. Though all residents are required to be members of the Athletic Center, golf membership is optional.
Prescott Lakes communities
Brookside, Creekside, Lakeside, Parkside, Pinnacle Views, Stoney Creek, The Cottages, The Estates, The Summit, The Villages, The Pines, The Dells, Falcon Point, and Willow Park Estates., Astoria.
- Location: 3 miles north of downtown Prescott
- Neighborhood size: 1218 homes
- Condo Sizes: 1200-1800 square feet
- Home sizes: 1500-4000 square feet
- Lot sizes: .16-.75 acre
- Condo price range: $170,000-$260,000
- Home price range: $260,000-$1,350,000
- Home age range: 2000- present
- Home style: contemporary. artificial wood and stucco
- HOA: Yes
- Topography: varied with some level areas and some small hills
- Amenities: Golf, Fitness center, community center, tennis, hiking trails
FAQ’s about Prescott Lakes
- Question: I heard that the HOA in Prescott Lakes is really strict.
- Answer: There are many rules that outline how a home can be built in Prescott Lakes. There are neighborhood rules about parking on the street and the condition of your yard, Sometimes these rules are too much for some people. Read the CC&R;s first before making a decision to move here.
- Question: I’ve heard that Prescott Lakes is a big development and the traffic is really bad through there.
- Answer: Prescott Lakes is big. It is well designed, so that many neighborhoods don’t handle;e the main traffic. Traffic on the main roads can be heavy so if that is a concern look elsewhere in Prescott Lakes.
- Question: I heard that living in Prescott Lakes is expensive.
- Answer: Home prices are close to what most of Prescott sells for. There are HOA fees, so it depends if the amenities are something that fits your style. If the amenities are something you like, it makes sense to pay them as apposed to paying separate fees elsewhere for a fitness club. In addition, there are condos that can be purchased for under $200,000.
Events in Prescott Lakes
Nearby Exterior Amenities:
- The Club at Prescott Lakes
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- Pioneer Park Sports Complex
- Willow Creek Dog Park
- Prescott Zoo
Links for Prescott Attractions